Tradcore Micro Boss Begleri
Aroundsquare's Tradcore begleri series is a "back to the roots" design that resembles traditional Greek begleri more than anything else we have produced to date. The multi-bead design, with the bottom-heavy wood/ metal pairings makes these sets soft and springy to play, while the woven cotton cord they ship with provides a unique feel. Exotic woods have been paired with tumbled "micro Boss" beads to create elegant sets with excellent overall weighting. These sets feel heavier than the specified weight due to the length and bottom weighting of the design.
These sets play very well, and players will find that most of their tricks translate well to the design, but the goal was to create a series with a traditional vibe that supports a more laid back playing style--a departure from the small, nimble sets used for highly technical play. If you're goal is intricate technical play, you'll be best served by one of our more compact sets, but for those coming at it from a recreational standpoint, it's hard to get more fun (and classy) than this modern take on the classic.
Rosewood + brass: 16.7g set weight (fragrant dark colour, with light and reddish highlights)
- Cedar + brass: 16.0g set weight (fragrant, light grained, with soft feel)
- Sappanwood + copper: 17.1g set weight (beautifully deep purple colour)
- Zebrano + stainless: 16.0 set weight (contrasting patterns of light and dark)
- Kusumoki + titanium: 16.3 set weight with four ti micro bosses (luxurious grey-tinted colour, and light fragrance of camphor), this set ships with four titanium micro bosses (3.3g each), and also includes two stainless steel micro bosses (6.0g each). Swapping two of the ti micros for the two ss brings the set weight to 21.6g.
- All wooden beads are 15mm diameter, and are drilled to comfortably accommodate 550 paracord. The metal MicroBoss beads vary in weight, and have a 3.5mm "goldilocks" bore, which is suitable for 550 or thinner cord.
- All sets ship with braided natural cotton cord (as shown), as well as 550 paracord.
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.