The limited edition Deltas begleri are, as the name suggests, something a little different. The beads feature an ultra-clean design, with aesthetic geometry that provides great performance with that minimalist look and feel you know and love. While the bead design has a lot in common with several other beads in our range, the play experience is markedly distinct. The idea with these was to make them "light footed".. this translates to a top-heavy design, putting the weight up near the top bore, and making the wide bottom bore very light and easy to manipulate despite the long barrel length. The barrel itself provides excellent control for manipulating the begleri and keeping them in your fingers where they belong. The generously rounded top shelf of the beads is very comfortable between the fingers, while still providing enough edge to manipulate them from the top during bead rolls and related tricks. This new design is available in a clean, unknurled finish, as well as a "first appearance" horizontal knurling that gives just that extra bit of grip where you might want it.
Here's a quick little comparison with some of the other beads in our range, to help give a sense of what sets these beads apart from the others.
Comparison to the Auroras: Most similar in terms of appearance, but the Auroras are much more evenly balanced top/ bottom, and substantially longer, so the feel is very different. The Deltas also have a more rounded top.
- Comparison to Skinnies (bone fragment skinny knob): Similar light-footed/ top heavy balance, but where the skinnies have an inward slow towards a tighter bottom bore, the Deltas are a straight shot with a generous bottom bore for your knot.
- Comparison to the Titans: Lighter and nimbler; flatter top and longer barrel for control. Hollower feel, and substantially more top heavy.
- Comparison to the Modern Standards: Lighter and rounder feeling, and much more light footed/ top heavy compared to the even balance of the standards.
- Comparison to the Mini Hydras: Strangely, perhaps the best play comparison for the Deltas is with one of the mixed media Mini Hydra sets, like the brass/ ebony, or stainless/ delrin models, but with the heavier bead at the top and the lighter beads at the bottom by the knots. The weight distribution, plus the long straight lines of these setups is reasonably close to how the Deltas feel during play.
- Material: Precision machined from grade five titanium
- With knurling
- No knurling
- Size: 20mm tall; diameter is 14mm; 3.5mm bore, suitable for 550 paracord
- Weight: ~8.7g per bead, ~18g per set all in with cord
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.