Hardcore Begleri - Hardcore Gut Beads (components)
Hardcore Begleri - Hardcore Gut Beads
NOTE: This listing is for pairs of weighted inserts (or sets, in the case of micro hydras), sold without shells. Hardcore shells are in a separate product listing.
Aroundsquare's Hardcore Gut System is a configurable system of interchangeable weighted cores and exterior bead shells, which lets players build ideal setup by mixing and matching components. The Hardcore system was first launched in 2017, and has expanded over the years to include a wealth of options for players.
Our weighted "hardcore gut bead" inserts have become a standard unit in the begleri community, and offer players the option to tweak the weight, look, and feel of their begleri set to their specific tastes. While the gut beads were originally designed simply as weighted inserts, many of the designs have become popular sets unto themselves, with players choosing to play them without an exterior shell at all.
The Newtons or “Newts” for short, are a lightweight, minimalist insert to accompany our "hardcore compatible" begleri shells. Please note that, unlike the heavier metal models, the aluminum Newts are not heavy enough to play on their own. For this reason, they do not ship with cords or silicone bands.
Please note that the designs have changed very slightly over time, so take note of the details below to ensure that your selection matches expectations.
- Micro Bosses: sold here in pairs of 2 beads; ~12x12mm; 3.5mm bore
- Aluminum: 2.1g
- Stainless: 5.9g
- Brass: 6.3g
- Copper: 6.7g
- Micro Standards: sold in pairs of 2 beads; ~12x12mm
- Stainless: 3.5mm bore; 7.6g
- Brass: 3mm bore; 8.1g
- Copper: 3mm bore; 8.5g
- Bronze: 4mm bore
- Micro Hydras (2021): sold in 6-pack (single material), or 8-pack (2 of each material, AL, SS, brass, copper), ~4x12mm each; 3.5mm bore
- SS 3.1g; Brass 3.3g; Copper 3.4g
- Newton Cores: ~14x14mm flange; 3.5mm bore
- Titanium: 4.3g
- Stainless: 7.8g
- Brass: 8.4g
- Copper: 8.8g
- Aluminum: 2.7g (available in five colours)
- Herc Cores: ~16x16mm flange; 4mm bore
- Stainless: 9.0g
- Brass: 9.6g
- Copper: 10.3g
- Titanium: 5.1g
- End Caps: ~14x18mm flange
- Aluminum: 4mm bore
- Stainless: 9.3g; 3mm broe
- Titanium: 5.1g (available in natty or sunset PVD); 4mm bore
Please note that items included in the package (strings, stickers, patches, bags etc.) vary in colour and quantity depending on availability, and may not be exactly as shown in the photos.
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.