Everyman Begleri- Titanium
Everyman Begleri - Titanium
[Original product listing text, circa 2016] The Everyman titanium series, unlike most of the Everyman series, has been designed as a "sport" model, with a single bead design, not intended for use with the Hardcore Gut System. This set was designed with pros in mind, folks who prefer the solid single bead design over the customizability of a granular weight system. In keeping, these beads weigh in at about 12.5g each, slightly lighter than the titanium Hydras, and substantially lighter than the Titans. This makes them slightly less forgiving, but preferable for extended play where heavier sets may begin to strain the hands and fingers. The sets are optimized for old school 275 paracord, giving great tactile feedback during play, and a smooth feel despite the relatively light weight of the sets.
The Everyman titanium series have been laser etched on the bottom of each bead with the word mark "a r o u n d s q u a r e" as a mark of authenticity. The laser etching is durable and should hold up quite well to regular abuse.
Everyman Titanium Signature Series Details:
- Precision machined from grade 5 titanium, an ideal material for begleri, having relatively light weight, but very high strength, and good scratch/ dent resistance
- 12.5g per bead and not hardcore compatible
- Designed for use with 275 paracord
- As noted above, racking marks are visible on the black and multi-colour beads (including "shinobi", "oil slick", and "sunset" beads). These are apparent near the bottom bore of the beads. See the red arrow in the example sunset bead photo.
- As with all begleri beads, any surface imperfections will quickly be made redundant as the beads are smashed, smacked, dropped, and scratched through use. You can expect your set to look awesome, but please understand the limitations of the available equipment.
- Natty (natural finish)
- Oil Slick PVD (black with multicolour sheen)
- Grey PVD (matte black)
- Business Class PVD (golden)
- Includes box, carry bag, extra strings, intro card, and stickers
General Information on the Everyman Series
The Everyman series, is Aroundsquare's most refined begleri design to date. The design of the beads is simple, intentionally "average".. hence the Everyman name. It borrows some of the best elements of both the Titans and the Hydras, and integrates them in a fresh shape. It's bigger than one, and smaller than the other. It's nothing bizarre. It's just normal. It's average. It's the Everyman.
The Everyman bead design updates the shape of the conventional "Standard Issue" Greek begleri for modern technical begleri play. The sloping top of the beads helps prevent the string from jamming up during rolls, like the rounded tops of the Titans. Like the Hydras, it features straight angles which help with grip and bead control, as well as a compact size which makes the beads nimble during play. While the beads are relatively small, at 17mm by 17mm, they feel substantial in the hand due to the angles, and carry good weight.
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.