Hybrids - Modular Begleri (Crew Builds)
Hybrids - Modular Begleri (Crew Builds)
The Hybrid Modulars are the evolution of our classic Hybrid begleri. The original Hybrid begleri (still available) were designed to bring together the best features of our perennially popular Titans and Hydra begleri. The Hybrid Modular beads were designed for mix and match, sized down to 15mm diameter from the original 16mm, and with the addition of Middle Managers which allow you to bump the weight up or down, and change the overall look and feel of any set.
For anyone wanting to get the full set of components, they are available as a "Slaytacular" pack under their own product listing. This listing is for the AO2 Crew Builds - Each of these sets has been designed, tested, and endorsed by members of our pro team, and a portion of the sales from each set will go out to the players who designed them. Details as follows (in no particular order):
- @XJLGDC_ Build - This is Jeremy's adaptation of the classic Greys shape, with a super clean aesthic and a very different feel than the original Greys. This setup gives a little extra control due to the edges, and also softens impact with the split bead design. ~20.6g all in
- @FLIPBAGELS Build - This is Lukas's original recipe "mini" take on the Hybrids, slimmed down but holding its weight with the addition of a copper Micro Hydra inside the two half standards at either end. If you dig the Ti Hybrids but find them a little big or a bit heavy, this setup will make your fingers very happy ~22.1g all in
- @ASSASSINFLONNE Build - Pat has cooked up an original here with a modular build unlike anything else in the Aroundsquare lineup. The angled tops lock the beads into position, and the multiple rounded edges along the sides give excellent control. This set is clean and snappy, great aesthetics, and handles amazingly well. ~18.9g all in
- @ZMTBLV Build - Leave it to Zee to go all crazy on it with this unique build that incorporates a stainless steel micro boss into an inverted half standard.. This build is small and mighty, with excellent control due to the angles and edges, while still being super comfy in the hand. While it looks much like the dome topped original hybrids, the feel is fresh, and the control is amazing ~20.1g all in
- @DOREZZZZ Build - From the reigning world champion comes this.. abomination, or wait.. is it? You can bet Ryoma knows his beads, and this unusual set actually feels and plays amazing. The build is fresh and handles great, with a very distinctive feel due to the tapering sides. It gives an entirely new experience if you're accustomed to our more conventional designs ~17.2g all in
- @MKXARB Build - This design from Brax has good looks and all the features to back it up.. great weight, super comfortable, excellent control, and a very different feel in the hand due to the stacked middle managers. This is one of the quintessential hybrid modular form factors, and a beautiful rendition of it ~21.6g all in
- @KEITXRO_ Build - You know Markus could work his magic even if he strung two rocks together with dental floss. But rather than going weird, he's elevated a classic here with an amazing take on the Everyman style build. The pairing of black anodized AL and stacked heavy metal managers gives a perfect weight and feel, completely unlike any of the single bead Emans in the range. All killer no filler ~23.1g all in
- @TR4YCE_ Build - Here's an interesting one from the ingenious mind of Trevor aka @tr4yce_. Like the above, this build is reminiscent of the Everymans, but the fresh angles on the top give it a completely different feel, and an extra little bit of control thanks to the rounded top recess. This set has great aesthtics and handles extremely well ~22.1g all in
- @AW.BEGLERI Build - Why mess with perfection, that's what Adam wants to know. This spherical build is super clean, and handles much differently than the dimensionally similar Lil' Bosses. The secret is the split bead design, which not only softens impacts, but also provides utility with the additional grip on the sides of the beads, fabulous classic build ~18g all in
- @KENDAGERA Build - Gera has been a Titans guy since day one, literally like the first run of the original Titans, and he's stayed true all these years, so it's not surprising that his build reimagines that classic shape. His fresh build has amazing looks, and benefits from a slight bottom weighting due to the mixing of AL domes and Ti half standards, it's a beauty ~19.5g all in
- BIGOLSTACK - This is a "just cuz" build.. we're releasing all these other options, and we've currently got a little gap in our range with no aluminum Hydras available, so we decided to make this set possible. It's unlike any Hydras we've sold in the past, and it has a very unique feel with the eight-stack on either end, but as you can expect from the materials and 1:1 dimensions, it's a great player ~16.5g all in
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.