Mini Hydras - Zirc + Acrylic
Mini Hydras - Zirc + Ice
The zirc + ice begleri include beads machined from solid zirconium, paired with transparent acrylic, for a truly unique and striking appearance. The zirconium beads (6.4g each) are precision machined from solid zirc bars, polished, and torched, for a luxurious blackened finish. The clear acrylic "ice" beads (1.2g each) are heat polished, and include hand dyed variants, for customization of appearance. Both materials are relatively robust, but will show scratches and dings if dropped on hard surfaces or played hard. The sets are lightweight, but play slightly heavier than the weight would suggest due to the shape and weight distribution (when the zirc beads are placed at the extremities). They are available in multiple configurations.
- Full zirc: 4 zirc beads - 25g total
- Natty: 2 zirc + 4 clear - 18.6g total (16.2 in 4 bead config)
- Purple/ blue: 2 zirc, 2 purple, 2 blue - 18.6g total (16.2g in 4 bead config)
- Red/ orange: 2 zirc, 2 red, 2 orange - 18.6g total (16.2g in 4 bead config)
- Smoke: 2 zirc, 2 light smoke, 2 heavy smoke - 18.6g total (16.2g in 4 bead config)
- Two Zirc Slaytacular: 2 zirc, 2 tumbled SS, 2 tumbled bronze, 2 clear, 2 heavy smoke, 2 light smoke, 2 orange, 2 red, 2 purple, 2 blue, 2 cobalt blue
- Four Zirc Slaytacular: 4 zirc, 2 tumbled SS, 2 tumbled bronze, 4 clear, 2 heavy smoke, 2 light smoke, 2 orange, 2 red, 2 purple, 2 blue, 2 cobalt blue
General information on the Mini Hydras
Aroundsquare's Hydra Begleri are a fun yet highly capable modern adaptation of the traditional Greek multi-bead begleri. While the full Hydra begleri line includes different sizes, colours, and materials, and allows for mixing and matching of beads, the full titanium Mini Hydras have been praised by elite players as one of the best begleri sets available. There is something special about the size, shape, weight, and multi-bead configuration that makes the ti Mini Hydras a favourite that players keep coming back to.
The Mini Hydras are a slightly down-sized version of the original Hydra beads, 14mm in diameter, and 7mm tall each. They are drilled to accommodate 550 paracord, with an exposed knot. The multi-bead design allows for some configurability of weight, weight distribution, and appearance, as well as helping to make the set play a little bit softer and quieter than solid single-bead sets. The multiple beads also add a nice "fiddle factor" to each set. The rounding of all edges on the beads adds to the comfort and overall feel.
Please note that items included in the package (strings, stickers, patches, bags etc.) vary in colour and quantity depending on availability.
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films