Aroundsquare's Normal Rings are simple, but striking little bands. In classic AO2 style, we have taken a minimalist approach to the design of these rings, but have found a way to make them truly distinctive at the same time. We've dubbed them the Normals, but in reality, they are quite far from any concept of average. This is a completely custom ring design, which will immediately stand out from almost any other band in a side by side. What differentiates the Normals lies in the details. Despite their clean design, they make their presence known with a substantial look and feel. They feature a subtle upsizing in both the thickness and the width of the bands, giving them a surprising heft and a sense that you're wearing a good solid piece of metal. At the same time, the careful attention to detail in the curvatures and rounding make them very comfortable for daily wear. They're good and wide, at around 7.5mm width, and reach a 3mm max thickness at the midpoint of the band. They've got a convex interior, aka "comfort fit", and the curves on interior and exterior are subtle enough to leave a nice chunky side profile, rounded smooth to ensure no hot spots.
With that basic description, let's be clear, these rings hold their own just as wearable hardware. But.. if you're into putting them through their paces, they're up to that as well. Our initial interest in the design of a ring came from inspiration in the form of ring manipulation. After months of research, trial, and error, we finally locked in on the Normal design--a comfortable and substantial band with ergonomic curvatures that's comfortable to simply wear, and a joy to manipulate. Every aspect of the design has been thoughtfully considered from the standpoint of wearability, aesthetics, and the facilitation of all types of manipulation, from the classic gryphon roll, through to sleight of hand and more advanced tricks. Whether you want to mess around with manipulations or not, the Normals have got you covered.
- Sizes: Available in US sizes 4 to 13.. Please do your homework to ensure you purchase the correct size. Exchanges on mint condition items will be allowed, but exchange shipping costs both ways will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Dimensions: width (all sizes) 7.5mm; thickness (all sizes) rounds up to 3mm max at centre line
- Available in:
Stainless steel: midweight, reasonably scratch resistant (size 9 weight is ~9.7g)
- Brass: relatively heavy, relatively soft and prone to scratching, slight smell (size 9 weight is ~10.4g)
- Copper: relatively heavy, soft and prone to scratching and oxidation, smells like copper (size 9 weight is ~10.9g)
Titanium: ligthweight; strong but still prone to scratching (size 9 weight is ~5.5g)
- Tungsten: heavyweight, hard and scratch resistant (size 9 weight is ~18.3g)
- Zirconium: midweight, reasonably scratch resistant (size 9 weight is ~7.9g)
- Damascus steel: midweight, textured etching is rough but not uncomfortable, tends not to show scratches (size 9 weight is ~9.4g)
- Mokume Gane: relatively heavy, and relatively soft, but due to the grains, scratches are less apparent than single material rings, particularly in the etched version; contrast between the grains will develop over time for a very personalized and distinctive appearance (size 9 weight is ~10.46g)
- All models are etched on the interior surface with an Aroundsquare wordmark, but note that the Damascus steel and etched mokume gane do not show the marking clearly due to the texture and etching process