Ice Titan Begleri (beta)
Ice Titans (beta)
PLEASE READ: Sold as individual units (not pairs) of beads, to allow you to mix and match colours. You'll need to add two to your cart. Also, the included Nano Standard will be SS (not the brass shown in one of the photos).
The acrylic “Ice Titans” are machined from a durable transparent acrylic material, and come complete with anodized aluminum Newton inserts, and an SS Nano Standard insert to give them a little bit of additional weight if desired. The Ice Titans feature the classic Titan shape which has stood the test of time as a reliable, comfortable, high performance design, in an all new material. The acrylic material is slightly grippy, which is helpful in performing certain tricks, and is also slightly softer and less “clacky” than its delrin and metal counterparts.
Please note that these are being sold as single beads, which allows you to mix and match colours. You’ll need to purchase two in order to have a set of begleri.
- Ice Titan Beads: 19x19mm; ~3.7g per bead
- Titanium Newton cores: 14x14mm (protrude 2mm from base of Titans); ~4.4g per bead
- Aluminum Newton cores: 14x14mm (protrude 2mm from base of Titans); ~2.7g per bead
- SS Nano Standards (included: 8x 7.7mm; ~2.3g each
- Total end weight with all three: ~10.4g for titanium; ~8.6g for aluminum
The Ice Titans are being released as a “beta” launch because minor issues in the manufacturing have resulted in a very tight bottom bore. The beads are close enough to spec, and pretty enough, that we have decided to make them available, HOWEVER, the hardcore inserts are not easily swappable, and they should only be used with flanged inserts (Newtons, Hercs, or End Caps). For this reason, rather than selling them as stand alone shells, we are pressing in the aluminum Newtons and selling them as a single unit, along with the matching Nano Standard.
It is not possible to recess a full knot when the Nanos are inserted, but there is ample room for a melted “pancake” (see last photo) at the end of the cord, which will keep the beads securely in place. Please read the caveats below before purchasing.
- Do not buy these expecting to mix and match with various hardcore inserts.
- Do not use with Micro Hydras or Micro Standards (they will get stuck). Only use with flanged beads (Hercs, Newtons, or End Caps).
- Acrylic is durable, but it is slightly softer than delrin, and will show scratches and chips. The clear optics will become clouded over time if they are dropped, smacked, or scuffed repeatedly.. which is the nature of the beast with begleri. So basically, if you're going to use them, they're going to look used.
Please note that items included in the package (strings, stickers, patches, bags etc.) vary in colour and quantity depending on availability, and may not be exactly as shown in the photos.
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.