Mini Hydras - Titanium
Mini Hydra Titanium Begleri
Aroundsquare's Hydra Begleri are a fun yet highly capable modern adaptation of the traditional Greek multi-bead begleri. While the full Hydra begleri line includes different sizes, colours, and materials, and allows for mixing and matching of beads, the full titanium Mini Hydras have been praised by elite players as one of the best begleri sets available. There is something special about the size, shape, weight, and multi-bead configuration that makes the ti Mini Hydras a favourite that players keep coming back to.
The Mini Hydras are a slightly down-sized version of the original Hydra beads, 14mm in diameter, and 7mm tall each. They are drilled to accommodate 550 paracord, with an exposed knot.
- 8.7g per end (two beads), for a total set weight of just under 20g including cord
- 14mm diameter, with a thickness of 7mm per bead
- Precision machined from grade 5 titanium (Ti 6Al-4V)
- Available in four finishes:
- Machine finish (natty): natural machine finish, for a clean look
- Blasted finish (natty): aggressively sandblasted for a rough texture and nice shine out of the box
- Tumbled finish (natty): tumbled after blasting, for a softer, slightly darker appearance
- Shinobi (black cerakote): a blasted finish with a smooth matte texture.. this is a beautiful finish, but the finish can chip and wear over time/ with heavy use (not recommended for beginners due to frequent drops)
The Hydras are extremely playable, and despite their cylindrical shape, are surprisingly nimble. They are less solid and therefore slightly quieter than heavier single-bead designs, and the multiple beads add a nice "fiddle factor" to each set. The rounding of all edges on the beads adds to the comfort and overall feel.
Please note that items included in the package (strings, stickers, patches, bags etc.) vary in colour and quantity depending on availability.
New to begleri? Check out Aroundsquare's AO2 Crew demonstrating what this toy's all about, via the talented guys at Kuma Films (below). You may also want to visit our general information page on begleri, or do a deep dive on the history, configurations, or manipulation of this remarkable little toy.