critical, creative, constructive
Aroundsquare Ltd. (AO2) is about social transformation, and is guided by the values of sustainability, democratization, and social justice. While our work is eclectic, all of it is underpinned by the idea of leveraging creativity and learning for the greater good. In practice, the bulk of our activities are concentrated in the areas of transformative education, monitoring and evaluation, and the design of toys and learning materials that support the development of human potential. Here's a shortcut if you're interested in learning more about the products we have developed, or the services we provide.
AO2 is a social enterprise. Unlike regular businesses which only seek profit, AO2 uses a model that generates profit in addition to furthering social, environmental, and human development goals. We actually have four bottom lines, not just one, and we measure our success against all four. Aroundsquare is proud to be a part of the new economy. If you'd like to know more about the company, please take a look at our Corporate Charter, read what others have had to say about us, or browse our blog.
AO2 offers a sliding scale on rates and pricing for our products and services. In addition, we regularly make in-kind donations in order to make a meaningful contribution to charities, schools, and innovative social enterprises.. if you're doing something good and would like to work with AO2, please contact us.
Here's a list of some of the projects we are currently implementing:
- AO2 Crew - Aroundsquare's pro team
- Consulting - AO2 Consulting maintains a client base with projects focused on education, M&E, and social sector development
- B-Bank - Providing free begleri to folks who might benefit
- Single Grip Open - An annual begleri contest, with a caveatSling It Forward - Spreading begleri love
- Sling Fresh - Encouraging trick innovation in the begleri community
- Open Source Toys - Spreading great ideas
- Online community building
- Skill Toy Initiatives - Developing new toys, and reinventing old ones: Begleri; Cardistry; Knucklebone; and Monkey Knuckles